Friday, May 8, 2009

Facebook

wahla! I made it back in about a month. lol
Anyway, I is going to dedicate this post to Facebook.

Quite recently, maybe more than recently, a friend mentioned that Facebook runs my life.
Only because, I told him that while studying I would switch to using
Facebook to take breaks.
As the conversation went on I confessed that these breaks occurred about
after every 20 mins of studying. As I was saying it, I realised that eh, thats not called
taking breaks. lol

And so the conversation turned into an arguement as soon as my friend mentioned
that Facebook if absolutely NO USE to anyone.
I KNOW!! You can simply imagine how furious I BECAME!! lol

Then the conversation got very heated and im not going to indulge in the details of it. lol

So after that I started observing the amount of activity going on on Facebook.
And I realised that it does run everybody's life.
Well, atleast the lives of people on my Facebook.

Every second there's a new update on the home page.
Someone does some quiz, someone finds out
how good they are in bed *i love how almost EVERYONE who does that one likes to publish
it.heh.*
someone finds out how old they are suppose to be or when they are supposed to die.
*When i did that one, it said i'll self-fucking-combust. WTH RIGHT? lol*

So yeah, currently its the quiz-mania that seems to have caught on to people on facebook.
Now people have started doing quizzes to gauge how well they know their friends. lol

And what astonished me was that even during exams all of us were so badly hooked onto facebook.

And atleast half the people on my facebook had statuses mentioning how badly hooked they were and how they had to get off facebook and start studying.

Previously friendster, now facebook. I wonder what is coming our way next. I heard something about twitter except I dont fully know what that is about.

As much as all of this appalls me when I sit back and think about it,
I am not going to deny and lie that Facebook has got no grip on me.
Every single day I'm on facebook. It's the first thing I check when I go online.
Not even NIE's Teacher's Portal.
*though that is the set home-page on all our laptops. lol*

Not just that, it has also helped many of us get in touch with old friends. So many of them
I swear and facebook deserves the credit for that.
And yes of course it has helped some people make new friends.
So no doubt about it being a platform for people to expand their social circles
and develop their networks.

Yet, it is fascinating to realise how much of our lives we've dedicated to the internet and all that jazz it offers.

What do you think about it? If you happen to read this, please feel free to share.

Now I better be getting back to Facebook. Need to set a higher score at Bejeweled Blitz. LOL

Night folks,
Out!

No comments: